Friday, January 29, 2010

The Girls, Gardening, and Quilting

On Sunday afternoon, Sara and Elizabeth came to visit for a couple of days. We had a wonderful time. Elizabeth has quite a personality. We found Sara & Kate's Cabbage Patch doll clothes and Sara found their blankets. Elizabeth had fun taking the blankets out of the bag and then walked around the room with the bag on her head.
After Elizabeth had gone to bed, I was able to finish Sara's "Annie's Choice" quilt. Sara had started the quilting, but asked me to finish it. It really turned out nice.After the girls went home on Tuesday, I went to our back flower bed and transplanted some of our berry vines to the garden. I have more plants that need to be moved, so if anyone is interested in some berry vines, just let me know. On Wednesday, I bought some white cabbage, red cabbage and broccoli plants and planted them in the garden. Great timing since the rain was coming. On Thursday, we put up our Spring Dinner quilt. It's title is "Trashcan Treasures", but we've decided to change its name to "Scrap Basket Treasures". It's great weather for quilting!



The quote this week comes from the book of Proverbs, "He who tends a fig tree eats its fruit, and he who is attentive to his master will be enriched."

No comments:

Post a Comment