The cooler weather has made it so easy to bundle up in a chair and lap quilt, drink hot cocoa, and read a book. This past week, not only have I done those things, I've also cleared out our 2009 files and started our 2010, completed our 2009 books, and downloaded a some new software for our computer. If you haven't used PE Photo for developing your pictures, you may want to look into it.........CHEAP and EASY! (Thanks, Sara!) I'm really enjoying it. Santa gave John & Elizabeth a web camera for Christmas and I've installed it as well. Since downloading SKYPE, we have been able to see and talk to Kate, Nick, Sara & Elizabeth! It's soooooo cool! John even likes it. At first I think a few folks were a little hesitant to use Skype and the cameras, but we really enjoy it. It's great to actually see your family even though they're hundreds of miles away. Now we just need to get Jana, Jacob, Karen, & Joanne to use them! By the way, Joey, is this what Iowa felt like? Man, is it cold!
Ok.....time for me to get back under Sara's quilt (stay warm) and do some quilting!
I'll leave you with a quote from the book of John on how to stay warm, "Now the slaves and the guards were standing around a charcoal fire that they had made, because it was cold, and were warming themselves. Peter was also standing there keeping warm."
Chris talked about getting cameras for our computer & his laptop for when he deploys. I've never used one but think it would be great.
ReplyDeleteHa ha ha! Nope. This is NOTHING like Iowa. When you can have this cold weather and 12 inches of snow on the ground, then we can talk! ;-)
ReplyDelete