Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Running and Losing

Hi Everyone. We had a busy weekend....John finished planting sunflowers on Saturday. Friday, I went with Charles & Ann's to Chris & Karen's home for their Open House party on Saturday. Ann & I helped Karen with some of the cooking and watched the boys, while Charles & Chris worked on the deck skirting. Karen, you're home is beautiful! I'm so happy for you and your family. Saturday evening, I brought Elizabeth home with me, so Sara & Travis could go to Weslico to work in the research fields for a couple of days. John & I just love babysitting her.....she's getting so big! Sunday, we went to church, then to St. Ann's in Rosebud to their Enchilada Dinner, then back home so we could set up a quilt for our Fall picnic. On Monday, we start quilting....but Elizabeth isn't sure about all the new faces in our den. Needless to say, I didn't quilt as much as I wanted, but Elizabeth sure liked to sit in my lap and "helped" me quilt. Monday evening, Elizabeth & I went to Temple. I made a photo album for the Quilt Guild and the membership chairperson wanted to make a copy for each of our members. We made 150 copies! My mom came by and babysat Elizabeth while I helped copy & collate the albums. On Monday....I also discover that I've lost my camera.....hence, no pictures of Elizabeth or the quilt. (Karen.....I may have left it in Alex's room....maybe on top of his dresser or on his bookshelf. I'm thinking that the boys might have seen it and thought it was a toy.....if you could look for me, I'd really appreciate it. It wasn't in any of my bags and it's not in your parent's car.) John also started planting corn today too. It will probably take him 2 weeks to finish. Today, Elizabeth & I went to Rosebud to get my hair cut. Elizabeth did real well until the beautician started cutting my hair around my face. About 3 minutes later, she was over it and began to smile at me again. She did real well today while we quilted. Pam came over and played with Elizabeth so Elizabeth just ate up the attention she was getting. This evening, Elizabeth & I went back to Temple to watch my nieces, Rachel & Courtney, play their last basketball game. In between games, we went to Chick-fil-a. Elizabeth did real well the whole evening. I must say that Elizabeth is getting used to our home....today she started exploring and I had to go find her a couple of times. She never got into anything she shouldn't have.....just moves faster than I expected. I wonder if I need to close her inside the den with us? (Ha! Ha!)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all your help for the party. I couldn't have done it without you and mom! I did look for your camera but didn't find it anywhere in Alex's room. I'll keep looking around though.

    ReplyDelete