Last weekend I went to a quilt retreat at the Compass Centre in Mt. Calm, TX. It was wonderful! When you walk in the side door, you come into a room filled with 32 sewing spots. Each spot has 2 tables, a trash can, a rolling, adjustable chair, and electricity outlets. The room is about 50' by 70'. Attached to it is a professional kitchen on one side and a small dining room on the other. They have 8 bedrooms, each with 4 twin size beds. There are 6 bathrooms with showers and cabinets to store your clothes, sundries, etc. I forgot to take a picture of it, but if you'd like to see it, you can go to Compass Centre. In there photo album, they have pictures of the construction of the building. With your stay, they fix all your meals, so all you have to do is SEW, SEW, SEW and sew, I did! I finished a block for our quilt guild past president, a small top that I had started in a workshop last year (or was it the year before?), and completed a top and a back of another quilt. When I finish the quilting of these projects, I'll post the pictures. On Saturday evening, I attended mass at St. Martin's in Tours. While the structure reminded me of our church, the amount of folks attended reminded me of Westphalia. I'll be visiting again when I go to the Compass Centre.
This week, we lost a farming friend, David Greene Jr. He had been our chemical rep for several years, and just a couple of months ago, moved into the "area rep" position. He and John talked several times a month and we will miss him. Our community also lost a member, Tommy Strmiska. He was a member of the K of C of Cyclone-Marak, a member of Sts Cyril & Methodius in Marak and was the drummer of the Vrazel Polka band. May these friends rest in peace!
From the book of Micah, "In days to come the mount of the Lord's house shall be established higher than the mountains; it shall rise high above the hills, and peoples shall stream to it: Many nations shall come, and say, "Come, let us climb the mount of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob, that he may instruct us in his ways, that we may walk in his paths."
No comments:
Post a Comment