Sunday, April 5, 2009
Thanks to the Stermers
Yes....Thanks to the Stermers I'm able to give you an update. Last Thursday, early in the morning, a front came through and knocked out our internet. The repair man was supposed to come Friday, but never showed. Saturday evening, I found out that he was sent to the Coop....ugh! So I called at midnight and left a rather short message. He called me today around noon and said the repair man would be at our house in the morning.....I wanted to say, you mean TODAY...but I didn't. Anyway....we've had a busy weekend. Friday afternoon, I finished a quilt. I'll give you more details on it next week (It's going to someone on easter weekend.) Friday evening, we had a fish fry at our house with the Stermers. On Saturday, we washed chickens and made cakes & brownies for the April dinner. We went to church Saturday night and then went to the Go-Texan fundraiser in Westphalia. (We didn't win anything, but we did have a good steak dinner.) Sunday morning, the alarm went off at 4:30am and we were back at church at 5:00am. The first batch of chicken went in at 5:52am. We finished around 10am, so next year maybe we can sleep till 5:00am. We got home around noon and took a nap. This afternoon, John tilled the garden. (Oh yeah, the norther got here around 7:00am and the wind is blowing so hard.) It's supposed to freeze Tuesday morning....so please pray that the wind will be blowing...John said that it won't hurt the crops if it's windy. I'll update you with more pics once we get our internet working again. Happy Holy Week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment